Saturday, December 23, 2006

Not in Montañita

In Puerto Lopez at the moment. Didnt leave La Hesperia until Wednesday cause by the time I packed and got ready it was too late to leave on Tuesday. Was planning to head straight to Montañita but it was too far down the coast. Faffed about all day yesterday and was well annoyed that I couldnt get any money from the bank here - they dont have an ATM and you cant get cash advances on credit cards so I was truly shafted. After liabilites, I had $5 to my name which had to cover food and travel to the next town (Montañita, over an hour and a half away)! Went to the next ´with-it´ town this afternoon and got some dinero now so all is good. This morning was good fun - was on a boat for 5 hours: snorkling, fishing, secluded island lounging, eating ceviche made from the fish we caught earlier and then more snorkling. Fish were wicked but i had no means of photographing them so you´ll just have to imagine.

Tomorrow is my bday. Only been here for one day and its not touristy at all. Basically I got no mates at the moment so im going on an overnight fishing haul with some local fishermen. Got no idea what its gonna be like but we leave at 6pm tomorrow and return 6am Sunday morning.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My Gosh bwoy HAPPY DAYS, i want to be there with you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
you looking good bro, en-joy the free life, Happy bday and yet again i'm sure you'll give me an excuse for not phoneing. no matter just make sure you teach me that card game...
Peace Love and lets burn some freaking rubber!!!!!!

Lov U